Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Homemade Play-Doh

The other day was a dreary day. Just not a day for my oldest to be outside, she seemed bored and I was in the creative mood. So we searched the internet until I found something for us to do! Coloring just didn't seem it so I came up with well let's see if we can make play-doh! I had everything in the cabinet and well we did and it was a TON of fun! It made this momma feel like a little girl again, which is always a good thing right?


What do you need?

2 cups of flour
2 cups of water
1 cup of salt
2 tablespoons of cream of tatar
2 teaspoons of oil

Mix it all together in the same boiler. Put it on the oven and stir constantly.

It'll look like that right there at first! Keep stiring it'll get thick
Like the picture below

Then it'll form into this dough like thing lol
Knead it together at first. We decided to do 4 colors so I separated it into 4 different "balls" and adding our dye.

Knead it together until it's the color you want!






My advice though, put a glove on or put your hand in a plastic bag to knead it or your fingers and hand will be dyed like mine!



As you can see, we had fun mixing it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment