Friday, April 26, 2013

DIY: Outdoor Chalkboard



My husband is a contractor/remodeler whatever you wanna call it, he works with a construction/remodeling company. He always has leftover stuff so I talk him into bringing it home.

My daughter loves chalk so we thought an outdoor chalkboard would be perfect


The siding is leftover crown modeling that we cut down to fit a MDF board that we purchased at Home Depot for about $10. We painted it the chalkboard paint that cost about $10 at Wal-Mart.
Put it all together, attached it to the wall( his shop) outside underneath the covered patio and THERE YOU GO! An outdoor chalkboard

That little box thing..hahaha, that's crown modeling cut very tiny that my husband nailed together (and got a nail into his finger) and that holds her chalk.

She loves it and we have "class" outdoors at time!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I have a lot of chalkboard things in our house!

    ReplyDelete